Monday, April 19, 2010

Friday's presentations and page 26

Johnny's Dr. Sexson in his presentation in Emergent Lit on Friday reminded me of something I saw in a book once. I don't have the book here, though, so I asked my mom to send me a picture. Mom couldn't figure out how to use the scanner or a camera, so I just got it now. I want to share it here.
The book is The Magician's Nephew. It's the first in the Chronicles of Narnia books. I first started reading these books in the fourth grade or so, when I received the set as a Christmas gift. Mom told me that she started to read them at the same age, but she only made it to page 26 of The Magician's Nephew. Mom can't remember our dog's name half the time. The fact that she remembered the exact page she had read to all those years ago must have meant something. I asked why she had stopped and how she remembered where. She opened the book and showed me this page, page 26:

Apparently the picture of the magician so terrified my mother that she could not continue reading any more into Narnia. When I saw Johnny last week with the coat and the wig, this was all I could think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment