Sunday, January 24, 2010

In class on Friday we talked about the word 'awesome'--how it comes from the word 'awe' and is supposed to denote such special things, but we just throw it around willy-nilly. The other day I was walking downtown and I was listening to a comedian called Eddie Izzard, and he discussed it, too. Instead of posting the entire album, I found a youtube video of it. You can see that here.
Also, I just met up with my group for Emergent Literature class. Group no. 3, Life as Fiction and Language. I am not too sure what that means. I watched Stranger than Fiction yesterday. I did enjoy the movie. It wasn't my favorite movie, but it was clever sometimes, and who doesn't love Dustin Hoffman? I don't think I'm much closer to knowing what "Life as Fiction and Language" means, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment